The Advantages Of Laparoscopic Surgery Over Conventional Surgery:
- For the Patient:
- Preoperatively only 8 hours of fasting is required by the patient and no enema or bowel preparation except in high-risk cases this makes patients very comfortable preoperatively. Patients need to get admitted into the best Laparoscopic surgery hospital in Kolkata only on the day of surgery and can be at home one night before so are more comfortable facing the surgery.
- • It gives rise to minimal tissue handling and much less tissue trauma to the other adjacent normal organs resulting in very minimal pain after the operation.
- • 2-3 very small incisions of 0.5 – 1.0 cm are given on the abdomen resulting in less amount of blood loss, less post-operative pain, less chances of wound infection, early healing of the wound.
- • Blood loss is very less because even the smaller blood vessels are directly visualized on the TV monitor with the magnified view provided by laparoscope.
- • As the abdominal incision is very short and the operative work is very specific with minimal blood loss, the chances of postoperative infection are very less.
- • The hospital stay is usually 1 – 3 days even for the major operations like Hysterectomy while in case of conventional surgery the same procedures will require 5 – 7 or even more days of Hospital stay.
- • The recovery time for the patient is very less and they can resume their normal day to day activities in a period of 1 – 2 weeks while in case of conventional surgery the recovery period is quite long and can extend to 6 – 8 weeks or more.
- • For infertility patient’s laparoscopic surgery for infertility in Kolkata has come as a boon as with minimal tissue handling, minimal bleeding and much fewer chances of adhesion formation after the operation, the chances of achievement of pregnancy are much greater than that attained by the conventional surgery.
- • As far as the total expenditure of the patient is concerned, laparoscopic surgery is low cost than the conventional surgery.
- • Very small incisions on the abdomen are much more cosmetic with very little scarring.
- For the Surgeon:
- • The powerful xenon light source inserted with the laparoscope lights up the area to be operated and helps the surgeon operate better.
- • The laparoscope (Telescope) magnifies the area to be operated 5 – 20 times and so very specific area can be seen very clearly (much better than the naked eye can see at open surgery) and the laparoscopic surgeon in Kolkata can operate better.
- • Even very small bleeders can be checked at the end of the surgery by the gyne laparoscopic surgeon. As no blood is left behind at the end of the Keyhole surgery in Kolkata patient feels very little pain and the chances of infection are also minimal.
Where Should One Get The Laparoscopic Surgery Done?
- Best laparoscopic surgeon Dr. Abhilasha Kumar performs all his laparoscopic surgery in best laparoscopy hospitals in Kolkata. You can ask Gynaecological Laparoscopic Surgeon Dr. Abhilasha Kumar for the recommendation.
How Can One Get The Laparoscopic Surgery Done?
- If one has been advised an operation for some Gynecological disorder, it is better to consult with Dr. Abhilasha Kumar Gynaecological Laparoscopic Surgeon in Kolkata for undergoing Laparoscopic surgery.
- Take an appointment with the best gyne laparoscopic surgeon Dr. Abhilasha Kumar Before the consultation, it is always advisable to take all the relevant papers, investigation reports along with the Ultrasound / X-Ray report if available, and the previous treatment reports (if any) to show to her so that Laparoscopic surgery doctor in Kolkata can plan your treatment accordingly.
- After a thorough examination of the patient and carrying out relevant investigations, the operative laparoscopy technique is decided for the patient and it is explained to the patient and her relatives in detail. All the queries regarding the operation are discussed with the patient and a specific date (depending upon various factors like the menstrual cycle status of the patient etc.) is finally set for operative laparoscopy.
Comparison between open surgery and Laparoscopic Surgery:
- Laparoscopy Surgery:
• Minimal discomfort
• Full recovery in 1 week
• Glucose drip for a few hours
• Back home in 1 – 2 days
• Less expensive
• No obvious scar
• Full recovery in 6 weeks
• Glucose drip for 2 – 4 days
• Hospital stay for days
• Big obvious scar